Ciao Giorgio! Giorgio Morandi was a famous still life Italian painter born in Bologna at the end of the 20th century. He painted using oil paints to create still life compositions with bottles, carafes, and everyday objects. As a painter herself, Valentina was inspired by Morandi to create a series of simple minimalist objects in handblown glass, crafted for your everyday use.
- Giorgio is made of one hundred percent recycled glass and is mouth blown by our artisans. Use Giorgio as a carafe, a bud vase, or recreate your own still life painting with several pieces such as Levico, Morandi, and Rotonda.
- These are entirely made by hand and each creation is unique. Therefore, there may be a slight variation in color, texture, and size between each piece.
- On the base of each item, you can feel the pontil mark left by the glassblower’s cane.
- The presence of this mark indicates that the glass was blown freehand. This is the beauty of handmade.
Hand blown using only recycled glass.
- Approximately 27.5cm high and 8.5cm wide.
- Size & shape will vary (approximately 1cm-2cm) from piece to piece.
- Each order is hand washed, wrapped, and packaged with care.
- Although most of our products are dishwasher safe, we do recommend that you wash them by hand to avoid scratches and to preserve their luster. All plaster and terracotta pieces are not suitable for use with water.